Let's Get Started

From the moment I fell pregnant with my second child I have wanted to start a personal blog. I wanted to have a place where I could place all of our memories so that when our children are old enough they can look back, together and remember those details, whether big or small that made our family special.

My pregnancy wasn't the easiest, physically and emotionally so this blog was put on a backburner and the longer I delayed typing a first post the harder it became to start. My turning point came when watching a Facebook live post from Emily Meyers of the beautiful blog The Freckled Fox. Emily tragically lost her first husband Martin last year and one of the things she said was that she was so grateful for her blog, as all her memories including her late husband where all there, ready for herself and her 5 young children to revisit in the present and future. It really made me think of how I needed to save those memories of my family. My Husband and children are so special to me that I just want to capture every moment and savour each one forever.

I am currently on maternity leave and so far it has been so wonderful to be able to spend every single day with my husband and children, to be the wife and mother that I have so craved to be since our daughter was born 5 years ago. I have so far been able to indulge in my passion for cooking and improve and challenge my sewing skills, skills I aim to develop this year. I have so many home based projects to start and personal goals to achieve this year, from upcycling furniture to finally baking a decent loaf of bread, and this arena will be a perfect place to document my efforts.

This week we are on a school holiday and it has been a busy one, but the opportunity to make it special for my daughter, will enable her to remember it for years to come. I can't wait to share what we did here.

Until then I will share the little loves of my life and my reason why.


Leanne x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top