Monday Musings

Today marked the end of the Half Term Holiday and Grace went back to school. This past week has been action packed with lots of activities, from trampolining and rock climbing to picnics in the living room to crafting, it's been so much fun spending quality time with my eldest and I feel so lucky to be on maternity leave, to be able to spend that time and make those memories!


We also had a lovely time taking part in a nature trail on the Ashridge Estate, followed by Roman Pottery making. Grace loved donning her wellies and squelching through the muddy tracks, and we now have a lovely little trinket pot ready to paint on our next craft day! Ashridge is a country Estate in Hertfordshire compising of 5000 acres of woodland, commons and chalk dowland, the woodland just the perfect place for welly walks and Gruffalo Hunting!




We decided to purchase a family National Trust membership after our visit so that we can take full advantage of the beautiful treasures our country has to offer. To find out more about The National trust and the Estates you can visit, head on over to their website at https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ and if you guys have any suggestions about where we can visit next please do leave a comment below!

This week marks the start of a new, and fairly big, project for me, making memory blankets for Grace and William using their newborn clothes. I have never made a blanket before, let alone a memory blanket so I am looking forward to the challenge. I cannot justify paying someone else to make one when I have all the equipment here to do it myself. One of my fondest memories as a child is of a bunny blanket in our house. This was a blue and white blanket covered in bunnies, that my mum used to get out when either myself or my younger brother were poorly and I swear it had healing powers, I always felt better when I wrapped myself in it. I hope that the blankets I make this week will do the same for Grace and William.

Also this week William will be having his 12 week immunisations and we will be transitioning him from a crib to a cot, as he has had a big growth spurt and no longer fits in the crib! I will also be turning an old Ikea side table into a lego table for Grace to build on!

As mentioned before please do leave your National Trust visit suggestions below, or further school holiday ideas, I would love to see what everyone else gets up to!

Leanne x










CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top